50 Most Beautiful Hairstyles for Gray Hair
Our vast list of modern gray hair styles will help you draw inspiration for your next trip to the salon. So, if you are transitioning to gray hair (or have natural gray locks) and struggling to find a style that fits your complexion and hair type – look no further!
1. Shoulder Length Layered Silver Hair. For women with thin gray hair, you might want to try a choppy shoulder length cut with long side bangs to prevent your ends from looking stringy and sparse.
2. Chic Shiny Bob. A layered bob instantly gives you a younger-looking vibe and can help with any thinning you may have.
3. Thick Shaggy Waves. Try shaggy haircuts for gray hair to show off your thick locks. Also, try adding a fringe to get more volume and body!
4. Salt and Pepper Waves. You can have gray highlights to be different from women wearing typical dark hairstyles with blonde highlights. They look great on all ages!
5. Pixie Silver Gray Cut. A color this gorgeous is a combination of cool blonde and gray. Make sure your colorist gets this mixture correct so you can complete your short gray haircuts with modern balayage colors.
6. Mid-Length Shag for Natural Gray Hair. Ladies over 40, embrace your beautiful color and show off your gray tones with a modern shag haircut.
7. Gray Layers. Having longer layers in medium hairstyles can help add dimension and volume to natural gray hair.
8. Custom Highlights for First Gray Hair. Dark hair turning gray has never looked better! You can style it wavy or straight – depending on the vibe you’re going for. Wrap pieces of your hair around a medium-sized curling iron for about 10 seconds.
9. Frizzy Cute Waves. A little frizz never hurts. If you have naturally textured hair that won’t stay put, try using an anti-frizz spray or cream after styling to keep the frizz at bay.
10. Gray Blending for Long Hair. As far as long gray hairstyles go, this one is a beautiful work of gray blending that will have heads turn. Play with highlights and lowlights to perfect the look. No need to hide gray anymore, blend it instead!
11. Long Shaggy Layered Bob with Bangs. Adding layers and bangs to gray haircuts will help add bounce and volume to your natural gray locks.
12. Curly Gray Bronde Cut. You can create tight curls at the bottom half of your hair by using a small curling iron. A look that is great for a date night or a night stroll through the town.
13. Sexy Silver Gray ‘Do. Effortless curls look super feminine and classy at any age. You can do a side part for added texture and volume.
14. Gray Hair Style with Beachy Waves. The muted silky gray-blonde color is gorgeous for long hair because you can see the blend of colors perfectly.
15. Straight Hair with a Deep Side Part. If you want to refresh your medium hairstyle, go for a deep side part or comb it over to get the most volume and body you can. Try a blowout style for a look that keeps the volume intact.
16. Gray Brown Waves with Balayage. There’s a fine line between cool blonde and gray, and this look blends both colors beautifully. You can choose a shade of gray that helps to brighten your complexion.
17. Gray Pixie with Wavy Bangs. This short gray haircut is eye candy! Leave more hair in the front for extra volume and length to play with if you generally prefer to stick to short gray hairstyles but want a feminine touch to your hair.
18. Gray Ombre. Talk about beauty – a color transition this beautiful works best on longer hairstyles for gray hair so you can see the gradual transition.
19. Sassy Short Gray Hair Style. For a short cut, try the most popular tapered shape with feathered layers on the crown and piece-y bangs. Highlight the ends of your layers and enjoy a modern age-appropriate look for gray hair.
20. Flawless Bob Blowout. A blowout will help keep your hair looking voluminous and chic for any date night or party. To maintain the perfect look of the style, use dry shampoo in between washes.
21. Shades of Gray. You can have a few different shades of gray in your look to give your hair dimension.
22. Pixie Bob with Gray Balayage. This pretty cut features a compact shape and aptly blends lengths and colors for an easy current short hairstyle.
23. Gray Razored Shag. For a young look, go for a razored cut with bangs to add wispy texture to your icy gray hair. Try styling it wavy for added movement.
24. Feathered Gray Locks. For older women, a feathered look with longer layers is perfect as a subtle change.
25. Sleek Steeply Angled Cut. This look is quite eye-catching thanks to its high-shine color and extremely angled cut. If you have enough confidence, you’ll pull it off!
26. Spiky Gray Hair Style. Keep your style short and sassy with spiky pieces incorporated into a razored crop.
27. Long Sleek Straight Hair with Bangs. A cute twist on the traditional highlight style. You can choose whatever color you want.
28. Salt & Pepper Short Cut. Play up your black hair with silver highlights. Forget about hiding your grays and make them intentional instead.
29. Layered Gray Bob. For women over 60, all styles should be minimal and the cut that involves effortless layers could be the one for you.
30. Gray Undercut Pixie. Talk about sassy layers when you have the top half of your hair to focus on and style. You can style it however you want – curly, wavy, or straight, and each way gives off a different vibe.
31. Super Long Layers. We’re obsessed with the two-tier layers this style features, and you can see the flawless transition between the brown roots and silver lengths!
32. Slate Gray Lob with Waves. To add depth of your style embrace custom highlights and lowlights for a unique look that flatters you like no one else!
33. Mermaid Waves. Silver hair looks so pretty in shoulder length waves. If you are young and bold, you’ll probably go for a high-contrast look like this one.
34. Edgy Outgrown Pixie. Let your inner rocker come out in a shaggy overgrown pixie cut. Use pomade to style the way you like it.
35. Gray-Black Reverse Ombre. Going from gray to black is a bold move but it looks great!
36. Balayaged Salt-and-Pepper Hair. Should you cover gray hair? For a small percentage of gray, a hairstyle with silver balayage is more interesting than a solid dark color.
37. Natural Gray Tones. If you have a natural hair color that is on the cooler side, having gray highlights may complement your complexion and set off your ash blonde hair. If you still prefer to warm up your complexion, mix silver and light golden blonde highlights.
38. Smokey Gray Waves with Brown Roots. Play around with colors during your next trip to the salon! You might find a color that looks better than you expected!
39. Extra Short Salt-and-Pepper Crop. There’s nothing easier than a super short pixie cut that takes less than 3 minutes to style every day!
40. Two-Tier U Cut. In pictures and life, the feathered layers that show off color transition look very beautiful!
41. Gunmetal Gray Chic. Embracing bangs if you wear glasses will take your style even higher. Opt for choppy eyebrow-grazing bangs; these are super edgy.
42. Short Wispy Gray Bob. Even basic gray haircuts look pretty edgy, not to mention crops with added finishes, like this razored shortie.
43. Tight Gray Curls. Diffuse your curls when they are damp to get the most volume and body you can in your medium hairstyles. Make sure to use anti-frizz cream after styling to keep those cute ringlets hydrated and bouncy!
44. Sleek Silver Long Bob. You’ll have everyone planning to dye their hair silver once they see your highlights and lowlights. Try a side part to get the full sleek look.
45. Elegant Hollywood Curls. To achieve bigger curls, use a bigger curling barrel and hold smaller pieces of your hair around it for about 10 seconds.
46. Textured Bob. The choppy layers give off an effortless vibe with some enhanced texture thanks to the high-contrast balayage color.
47. Bronde Lob with Gray Streaks. The touches of gray add the chic twist that all women over 40 should consider when gray hair starts popping up.
48. Gorgeous Silver Locks. Ladies with thick gray hair, you’ll want to try thicker waves to show off your beautiful hair.
49. Wispy Sliced Pixie. If you like gray hair but feel uncertain about a solid look, blend in some gray highlights into your natural hair color.
50. Long Icy Bob. The right silver balayage with shadow roots can add volume and body even to fine hair. This lob is a nice example.
We hope we`ve persuaded you that gray hair styles may also look youthful, stylish, and trendy. Which one of these gray hairstyles would you choose?